If you like working with wood, starting a woodworking business can be a great way to make money. In fact, it can be one of the best decisions you will ever make in your life.
But how much money can you really make doing this? This is a loaded question with no clear answer. However, it is a question you should be asking yourself if you want to make money selling your creations.
Many people I have talked to say they love this fun past-time but do not believe they can make a living doing it. Maybe you have felt that way or even said it yourself.
If that is the case, you need to figure out why you do not believe you can make money. Usually, it is a simple question of working out how much of your time you spend doing crafting pieces and how much you actually make when you sell your work.
If you have a regular job and are spending time in your workshop as a hobby, then you may not be very concerned with the time you spend working on your woodworking projects compared to how much you make when you sell your creations. However, if you want to earn good money selling your wood products, then you may begin to feel that it would be impossible to replace your regular job with this as your new career.
This is where so many people fail to see the difference between being a full time professional woodworker, a part timer who does this on the side, and a hobbyist. How much you make doing this type of work will be determined by you and the amount of time you devote to your craft. Is making a few thousand dollars a year enough to support your hobby and purchase a few tools now and then, or would you like to supplement your regular employment income by making an extra $30,000 a year? Maybe you want to design, build, finish, sell, and earn enough to call a living. These are things you need to think about.
The fact is that a business like this can provide you with a great income while affording you quality time with your family. More importantly, you can earn good money doing what you love. In the current economic climate, many people are struggling to make ends met. Thus, starting a home-based business is a great idea. However, it needs to be something easy to start and fun. The good news is that you can turn your passion into profits and work right from your home. In addition, you do not need to be an expert carpenter or own expensive machinery and a huge workshop to succeed.
If you already have a particular workshop skill you love, then that is awesome. You only need to do a little market research to determine whether others love your craft as much as you do. However, if you know exactly what you want to build and sell, then this is just the kind of advantage you need. Some of the best selling wood project ideas include: children’s toys, baby cradles, chair side bookcases, picture frames, birdhouses, small wooden boxes, blanket chests, fruit bowls, miniature mantle clocks, wooden ladles and spoons, and much more.
Most people are not risk takers. Starting a woodworking business, however, is not as difficult or risky as many people think. Some of the benefits of starting a this type of business include:
• You get paid to do what you enjoy doing.
• You can schedule your own hours and you do not have to dress up to go to work.
• You get the experience of having others appreciate your work, which in itself can be very rewarding.
• It offers you the opportunity to enjoy other aspects of life such as travel, family activities, and much more.
• It is a fairly low-cost business to start.
• It offers many business opportunities you might not have thought of, and might even be aside from building wooden items.
• You can do it in your space time as it does not interfere with your regular job.
• It can start small and grow to become a full-time business.
With the relatively high levels of unemployment, many people are finding it difficult to meet the basic needs of their family. Not all of us are blessed with awesome jobs with huge job satisfaction. This is why many people are looking for side businesses that do not require much education and skills. If you are one of those looking to start a part-time business to earn some extra cash, you have landed on the right page.
Jim Morgan’s “Wood Profits” offers some helpful tips to help people start their own home-based woodworking businesses to make money. Jim, a home-based enthusiast and now a business owner, claims that you can set up your own business for less than $1,000 and make between $90,000 and $150,000 a year.
Back in 1995, he was jobless and struggling with his finances, in addition to having two children to provide for. However, he was able to start a woodworking business with lots of nerve, a few shop tools, and virtually no capital.
Within the first year, however, his 10-ft by 10-ft business had grown into a 1,400 square foot, one-person business. Even more astoundingly, he was not even an expert at it! Well, at least not then, but I’m guessing that his skills have improved considerably over the years, as will yours, if you stick with it.
Since then, he has made an average of $12,574 each month and has helped others do the same. In fact, by working about 20 hours each week, he made a little more than $150,000 in sales in his first year. Wood Profits is a detailed guide for those of us who want to earn money but perhaps don’t have superior degrees and extra skills. It is a guide book that details ways to start, run, and grow a profitable woodworking business at home.
The book, which can be downloaded from his website here, also comes with an audio file so that people can listen in their own space and time. Unlike other books of its kind, it does not touch upon a few things without explaining everything in depth. Rather, it is a detailed guide that will enable you to start and run a successful business from home. It also covers some secret and crucial tips, tried by Jim himself. In addition, it comes with a money-back guarantee.
Wood Profits also comes with more than 500 detailed plans for nautical clocks, jewelry boxes, toys, and other projects you could try out. Some of the things you will discover inside the package include:
• How to start your business with just $50,
• The specific types of wood you should use,
• Detailed directions for building wooden furniture,
• How to price your products to make money,
• Tips on how to win contracts,
• A list of tools you need and where to buy them,
• Blueprints for many different projects,
• Useful tips about the most profitable products,
• Guidelines on how to improve your skills,
• How to get international and local customers,
• How to get repeat business, and much more.
• Even if you have minimal skills, you can still use this detailed package to start a business. It contains all the things you need to understand on how to improve your skills and techniques, including the designs and blueprints you can use to build high-quality wood products using the right type of materials.
• This guide book was not created by someone who used other people’s ideas and concepts; rather, it was created by a woodworking enthusiast and business owner with a lot of experience, skills, and knowledge.
• It offers solid and comprehensive information that will leave you wondering why you have not started your own business. It will also teach you correct product pricing, how to build a solid client base, the best wood products to sell, and the ins and outs of the woodworking business.
• The guide will show you how to launch your own business for just $50.
• The program includes email coaching.
• It will help you pursue your passion for working with wood while earning a good income.
• It is backed up with a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee.
• It is made for people who are seriously considering entrepreneurship.
• It is only offered in audio and EBook formats (that is, no video – BUT, you CAN order the hard copy book and audio CD if you prefer… so that’s not much of a “disadvantage” after all is said and done.)
• It is not meant for individuals with zero background in woodworking.
The bottom line is that this package is full of detailed and credible information on how to start a successful home-based woodworking business. Jim has been doing this for more than 19 years and has helped a lot of people build their confidence and start a new career.
Why not give it a try for yourself?